Happy #Warrior #Wednesday! We had a slight computer glitch so we are posting on #Thankful #Thursday. Thank you for your understanding.
We thought we would do something different this week. During one of our recent "GO LIVES" with Glitter Queens Global we had a conversation surrounding free ideas where everyone could get involved and feel a part of all of the joy that the season brings. We are all about spreading the love and finding ways to include everyone! With your permission we have compiled a list of not only our home suggestions but also the marvelous ideas given in both lives with many thanks to you. We hope that everyone can find something within this list that will be a blessing to another. Perhaps, you will begin a family tradition not only during the Holiday Season but all year through. We wish you much health, happiness and so much love always. It is not about the gift but about the heart of the giver. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and so many merry wishes surrounding any festivities you may be celebrating this year!
Share the love this Holiday Season without stretching your wallet:
* Make homemade cards for Hospital programs both adults and children
* Send email greetings / voice greeting or personalized videos
* Write a poem / song
* Draw a personalized picture / paint or color a premade coloring page
* Dance to your favorite song / perform a skit and post or send to family & friends
* Make homemade crockpot potpourri
* Make homeade ornaments from items around the house (plastic, glass, garland, glitter, stencil the outside or paint, use stencils or personalize it by writing names on them)
* Create a homamade piece of nail art using scraps of wood from around the house. Draw your design on the wood, paint, hammer nails into place and wrap on string.
* Write a special quote on a piece of paper and decorate to the individuals personal style (this one costs a stamp to mail)
* Place a phone call, send a text, skype or voice / video chat to spread the love & holiday spirit
* Have the kids sing a holiday song, do a skit or video and post or send to brighten up someones day
* Make an abstract mobile from a wire hanger. Personalize it with photos, key chains, art prints, post cards, or any item that reminds you of them or vice versa!
* Wrap scarves and hats with a warm note around trees for the homeless especially when cooler weather is approaching.
* Take a neighbor food / something to drink or visit another who may be alone
* Make a coupon book filled with things that you can do for another
* Sing or write a song / play something on an instrument
* Sign (ASL) to music for the hearing impaired
* Bake cookies or a holiday treat and give to those who can enjoy
There are so many ways to give back not only during the Holidays but throughout the year without requiring purchase. The suggestions given by our beautiful community members are extremely heart warming and filled with love and creativity! We hope you all enjoy them as much as we have. Happy Thursday and may your season be bright.